PV Contractor Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Request for Proposals (RFP) for PV Contractors for the upcoming Round of Solarize Westchester campaigns is now open—see below for RFP documents. PV Contractor submissions are due by 5 p.m. on February 8, 2017. We encourage solar installers to apply for the new round of campaigns. The first two rounds of Solarize Westchester campaigns were very successful with over 400 total residential and commercial solar contracts — an average of 50 PV contracts per campaign. A recorded briefing for installers describing the Solarize program, results to date, RFP process and tips for success will be available on this page on or about January 24, 2017.
Solarize Westchester Application Process
Solarize Westchester is using a 2-step process for installers applying for this round of Solarize campaigns:
Step 1: Pre-qualification by NYSERDA
As a service to Solarize communities and the installers, NYSERDA will pre-qualify installers – installers must receive NYSERDA confirmation of pre-qualification to be eligible to respond to the RFP. In order to pre-qualify, installers must send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Request for Solarize Westchester Pre-qualification.” The e-mail must contain the following information:
- Name of the business
- Contractor/Builder relationship if applicable. Contractors and/or Builders must establish a relationship between each other prior to project application submittal. Please review the Residential/Small Commercial Program Manual for more information on the Contractor/Builder model.
Installer pre-qualification requires:
- Be a NY-Sun Participating Contractor in full compliance with all Program rules
- Have a satisfactory average QA inspection score in the NY-Sun program. Unsatisfactory QA scores may result in denial of participation.
- Maintain insurance of the types and in the amounts specified in Article 6 of the PV Contractor’s Participation Agreement with NYSERDA under the NY-Sun Incentive Program.
Pre-qualification by NYSERDA can take up to two weeks so we encourage you to initiate that process immediately. Installers who receive approval of their pre-qualification request should forward the e-mail confirmation from NYSERDA to Nina Orville at Nina@AbundantEfficiency.com with the subject line “Solarize Westchester NYSERDA Pre-qualification” as soon as it is received. If your company has already been pre-qualified by NYSERDA for another Solarize program and that pre-qualification approval is not more than four months old, you may simply forward the previously received pre-qualification approval to Nina@AbundantEfficiency.com.
Step 2: Respond to the RFP
The final RFP and supplementary documents for PV Contractors can be found here:
- Request for Proposals: SW2017-1
- Core Proposal 2017-1
- Customized Proposal 2017-1
- Attachment 1_Residential and Commercial 2017-1
- Appendix A Tracking Log 2017-1
Information about the communities (or coalitions of communities) selected through a competitive process to participate in this round of the Solarize Campaigns is also part of the RFP package. This information, posted on February 3, 2017, is below and will allow you to customize your RFP response by community. Please confirm all information relevant to your response (e.g. permitting requirements and costs) by consulting other sources (e.g. the community’s Building Department) prior to submitting your RFP response.
Town of Greenburgh: Greenburgh Attachment B – Community Information
Town of Lewisboro and Town of Pound Ridge: Lewisboro – Pound Ridge Attachment B – Community Information
City of Peekskill: Peekskill Attachment B – Community Information
[We recognize that the time is short between availability of community information and the RFP submission. In order to allow for the Solarize campaigns to occur during the ideal period of March-June, we are running the competitive community selection process and the PV Contractor process in parallel.]
Timeline for Installer Selection (dates may be approximate)
- January 20– RFP posted.
- January 25 – recorded PV Contractor Briefing posted (see below).
- February 3 – community information posted.
- February 8 by 5 p.m. – RFP responses due (NYSERDA pre-qualification confirmation should have been previously submitted).
- February 17 or thereabouts – Interviews with short-list PV Contractors will be held. Installer selection will be finalized shortly thereafter.
- Mid-March – Solarize Campaigns launch
For FAQ posted 1/27/17, click here: FAQ 1 – 1/17/17
For FAQ posted 2/6/17, click here (includes earlier FAQ): RFP FAQ-2 as of 2/6/17
If you would like to receive updates about the RFP process, please provide your information here.
If you have questions about the RFP, please contact Nina Orville at Nina@abundantefficiency.com.