PV Contractor Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Request for Proposals (RFP) for PV Contractors for the upcoming Round of Solarize Westchester campaigns is now open—see below for RFP documents. PV Contractor submissions are due by 5 p.m. on December 8, 2017. We encourage solar installers to apply for the new round of campaigns. The first eleven campaigns of Solarize Westchester were very successful, resulting in approximately 500 solar installations averaging about 45 per campaign, and totaling almost five megawatts. A recorded briefing for installers describing the Solarize program, results to date, RFP process and tips for success is available HERE.
We are excited to announce that with this round, we opened the competitive application process to membership organizations in addition to municipalities, and we have our first campaign that extends outside of Westchester County. The upcoming campaigns will be:
- Village of Croton (our first repeat Solarize campaign following a successful 2015 campaign)
- Town and Village of Pelham
- HRP Green – North (includes Hudson River Presbytery congregations in Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan, Columbia and Ulster counties)
- HRP Green – South (includes Hudson River Presbytery congregations in Westchester and Rockland counties)
Information about these campaigns is available below and should be considered as part of the RFP.
Solarize Westchester Application Process
Solarize Westchester is using a 2-step process for installers applying for this round of Solarize campaigns:
Step 1: Pre-qualification by NYSERDA
As a service to Solarize communities and the installers, NYSERDA will pre-qualify installers—installers must receive NYSERDA confirmation of pre-qualification to be eligible to respond to the RFP. In order to pre-qualify, installers must send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Request for Solarize Westchester Pre-qualification.” The e-mail must contain the following information:
- Name of the business
- Contractor/Builder relationship if applicable. Contractors and/or Builders must establish a relationship between each other prior to project application submittal. Please review the Residential/Small Commercial Program Manual for more information on the Contractor/Builder model.
Please see more information about NYSERDA’s Pre-qualification process at this link: https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/NY-Sun/Project-Developers/Participating-Contractor-and-Builder-Resources/Solarize-Contractor-Pre-Qualifications. Pre-qualification by NYSERDA can take up to two weeks so we encourage you to initiate that process immediately. Installers who receive approval of their pre-qualification request should forward the e-mail confirmation from NYSERDA to Nina Orville at Nina@AbundantEfficiency.com with the subject line “Solarize Westchester NYSERDA Pre-qualification” as soon as it is received. If your company has already been pre-qualified by NYSERDA for another Solarize program and that pre-qualification approval is not more than four months old, you may simply forward the previously received pre-qualification approval to Nina@AbundantEfficiency.com.
Step 2: Respond to the RFP
The final RFP and supplementary documents for PV Contractors can be found here:
- Request for Proposals: SW2017-2_RFP – Final
- Core Proposal – SW2017-2 – Final
- Customized Proposal – SW2017-2 – Final
- Attachment 1 _Residential and Commercial – SW2017-2
- Appendix A Tracking Log_Final
Information about the communities (or coalitions of communities, or membership organizations and their affiliates) selected through a competitive process to participate in this round of the Solarize Campaigns is also part of the RFP package. This information, posted on November 16, 2017, is below and will allow you to customize your RFP response by community and/or organization. Please confirm all information relevant to your response (e.g. permitting requirements and costs) by consulting other sources (e.g. the community’s Building Department) prior to submitting your RFP response.
- Village of Croton-on-Hudson: Croton _Solarize-Community-RFI-Round-4-Attachment-B-updated
- Village and Town of Pelham: Pelham_Solarize-Community-RFI-Round-4-Attachment-B
- HRP Green: HRP_Solarize Community RFI – Round 4 – Attachment B – Final
Timeline for Installer Selection (dates may be approximate):
- November 16– RFP and community information posted.
- November 20 – recorded PV Contractor Briefing posted (see below).
- December 8 by 5 p.m. – RFP responses due (NYSERDA pre-qualification confirmation should have been previously submitted).
- January 17, 2018 or thereabouts – Interviews with short-list PV Contractors will be held. Installer selection will be finalized shortly thereafter, on or about January 22.
- Late February, 2018 – Solarize Campaigns launch
Recorded “PV Contractor Briefing” reviewing the Solarize Westchester program and the upcoming round of campaigns (Including the RFP and selection criteria and process) is available HERE.
Answers to questions about the RFP submitted by installers will be posted here periodically. Installer FAQ 1, posted December 4.
If you would like to receive updates about the RFP process, please provide your information here.
If you have questions about the RFP, please contact Nina Orville at Nina@abundantefficiency.com with “RFP Question” in the subject line.